wah wah for Harri but also for everyone
It was two in the morning, and Remus and Sirius were lying on the grass, staring up at the sky. It was silent for the most part, with Sirius asking which star was what every now and then. Sirius was far too close and Remus was far too aware of his proximity, squirming away every so often only to find that Sirius kept getting closer like they were attached. After a while Remus just gave up and tried to savor his friend’s closeness; this may be as close as he could ever hope to be.
You can audition for SBP Aloud even if you didn’t reply to the last post, or think your accent is “too American” (the main audience is American, so this isn’t as dire as some of you seem to think).
1. Record yourself reading the audition extracts under the read more. (You can use any programme you like; I personally use Audacity, Chloe uses GarageBand.)
2. Save the file as an mp3 (you will probably have to convert it from another format, but as there are tutorials all over the Internet for converting virtually any type of audio to mp3 and I have full faith in your abilities to run a google search, this shouldn’t be too hard) titled “[username], [day/month/year], audition for SBP Aloud”.
3. Attach the mp3 to an email, which you then send to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line as “[username], [first choice character voice/chapter to narrate], [second choice character voice/chapter to narrate]”.
(Voices are Remus, Sirius, James and Peter; chapters are 8, 9, 17, 20, 21, 26, Shoebox Potter and the Deathly Hellos and the Remus and Sirius segments of chapter 25)
(Make sure that you send it from an email account you check regularly, as casting/scripts will be sent there.)
4. Bribes/death threats/philosophical musings/blackmail go in the body in the email, not the subject line, thank you.
5. You have two days from the date this is posted to get auditions sent. (If you are unable to do this in this time frame because of sickness/limited access to internet/you are going away on holiday/whatever other reason, contact us at email@example.com and we’ll try to arrange something with you.)
I’m sorry, but I can’t make any promises that you’ll get cast as either your first or second choice of character/chapter to narrate. All I can say is that I will try for you. If want to voice Sirius the odds are very much against you, unfortunately. Some people may be required to narrate more than one chapter. If you’re interested in doing this and have enough time, please say so in your email, or put it in the ask.
Does everyone remember that masterlist of Shoebox links I posted a few days ago? Well, Student contacted me after seeing SBP Aloud and my comment and she was all “Nooo I’m not in the least bit interested in the idea of finishing SBP Aloud. No. Not at all. Can you play GarageBand files? What do you think of my voice?”
So simply put, would any of you lovely people care to join us in finishing off recording SBP Aloud?
It looks like we’ll need:
-A Remus: to read out notes and other written material
-A Sirius: notes and “poems” (if you can call those things poems)
-A James: notes
-A Peter: notes
-Narrators: for everything else
To record chapters 8, 9, 17, 20, 21, 26, parts of 24 (a recording exists but is very hard to listen to) and Shoebox Potter and the Deathly Hellos.
Is anyone interested?
Part 2 of my dorking and somewhat-gifting for my sbrrp br0s— Remus/Sirius Fanmix HELIACAL RISING + album art
Click to download. I have arranged it to tell a story, so please listen in order!
I have also included some occasional illustrative statements to go with my song choices, but feel free to make your own interpretations.
- Coaltar of the Deepers - It Dawns Before // morning after the full moon
- Adam and the Ants - Stand and Deliver // Marauders
- The New York Dolls - Jet Boy
- Coaltar of the Deepers - Joy Ride // motorbike rides
- Adam and the Ants - Physical // mentally edit out the parts about the dress, unless you’re into that kind of thing
- The Smashing Pumpkins - 1979
- Mew - Comforting Sounds
- The Cure - One Hundred Years // the first war
- My Bloody Valentine - Moon Song // falling apart
- Placebo - Pierrot the Clown// falling apart more
- The Cure - All Cats are Grey // Azkaban
- Placebo - Something Rotten
- Echo and the Bunnymen - The Killing Moon // trying to make this work again
- Tearliner - Raincoat
- Tim Buckley - Song to the Siren
- Gazette - People Error // losing him
- Plastic Tree - Anten // but somehow, somehow the world will keep spinning
Merry Christmas, my fellow Wolfstar shippers!!!
Jumping on the playlist bandwagon. Apologies to the no doubt numerous playlists I accidentally stole from.
Strangers on this road we are on/ We are not two, we are one.
Nobody knows it but me, when I slip/ I’m still an animal.
I need a friend, not an angel/ …What you thought was a hurricane was just the rustling of the wind.
So of one thing I am sure/ It’s a friendship so pure/ Angels sing it all around/ And you see it all around, my dog is so fine.
Maybe I’m in love and maybe it’s starting to tell/ Only thing that I can do is hold it in.
Well if I remain passive and you just want to cuddle/ Then we should be okay and we won’t get in a muddle.
I may not always love you, but as long as there are stars above you/ You never need to doubt it.
Everybody knows it sucks to grow up/ But everybody does/ …And we’re still fighting it, we’re still fighting it.
We’re catching bullets with our teeth/ It’s hard to do but they’re so sweet/ …We’re catching bullets with our/ Heads and hearts and all the darkest parts of us/ …We shout through the endless doubt.
I was the best man in a size too small/ You were my best friend going at it all/ …I still know you/ And I still like you the best, man/ And I still owe you.
If I could have it back/ All the time that we wasted/ I’d only waste it again./ …Sometimes I can’t believe it/ I’m moving past the feeling.
Another head aches, another heart breaks/ I’m so much older than I can take./ …These changes ain’t changing me/ The cold-hearted boy I used to be.
You were never supposed to leave/ Now my head’s splitting at the seams/ and I don’t know if I can./ Here beneath my lungs, I feel your thumbs press into my skin again.
So I will follow you where ever you go/ If your offered hand is still opened to me.
Strangers on this road we are on/ We are not two, we are one.
Originally, this was going to be a simple, You-Have-Nothing-Else-To-Do-Carol fanmix. But no. As I was listening and choosing songs to include, I realized every single song had a specific moment in my head-canon. Every song reminds me of a different moment, whether it’s Remus and Sirius or the Marauders in general.
So, along with the names and links to the songs, I’ve included ‘scenes’ that go with each song. Consider it an early Christmas present for my fellow shippers.
we should change wolfstar to cockstar
or just cock.
epoqued said: I'm not closing the tinychat down when the reread ends, so everyone is free to continue using it!
And now we owe Tina our lives!
Because I love you guys, from what I’ve seen, and finals are keeping me too busy to be involved, and you guys are all in love too, so,
it seems it should stay.
Once a time, a young cock appeared….
I said that I would exchange fic with someone…
Does anyone have any prompts they would like to see or something? Because finals have got my brain fried and I need somewhere to jump off of if you peeps don’t mind. Everyone can reply, of course, with loads and loads of prompts that other fic writers can pull from as well, obviously